I don't KISS, but I like to keep it DRY.

If you didn't get past the disgusting interpretation of that title, then you probably shouldn't be reading this blog ;)
I make elephants out flies and flies out of elephants, after-all, the human genetic code is 40% bananas!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Datalogy Quotes of the Day #2

This one will be more realistic than the previous, I've actually gathered some quotes from the stuff I've seen/read this week:

"Programming is like writing inductive proofs."

- Jyrki Katajaine, April 23rd 2010, Datalogy department at the University of Copenhagen, Algorithms and Data Structures, Lecture 2: Divide and conquer.
~At least for me it's just as exciting, I'm told a plane could fall down while I'm coding and I wouldn't notice, same goes for when I do inductive proofs.


"The book [red. CLRS 3ed] is the syllabus, this here [red. the lectures] - this is entertainment."

- Jyrki Katajaine, April 26th 2010, Datalogy department at the University of Copenhagen, Algorithms and Data Structures, Lecture 3: Sorting.


"The key to being a succesfull developer is laziness, [...], and it's like the right kind of laziness, but it's essemtially insuring that you limit the amount of manual labour that you have to go through as you maintain [red. or develop] your application further down the road."

Ben Galbraith, April 8th 2010, Stanford Engineering, Mobile Application Development, Lecture 2: Web Skills Introduction to Web Development and HTML 5, ca. 14:12-14:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment