I don't KISS, but I like to keep it DRY.

If you didn't get past the disgusting interpretation of that title, then you probably shouldn't be reading this blog ;)
I make elephants out flies and flies out of elephants, after-all, the human genetic code is 40% bananas!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tab-completion(A small case on IDEs continued)

So I noticed the same problem today in a simple prompt, where tab-completion also looks backwards, but never forwards. Here's an example:

I accidentally select the wrong file to print:

.. abc.pdf ..

So, again, being the cautious user that I am, I don't delete the .pdf, put the cursor before the dot, delete abc and aim to replace it with def, which I know can be tab completed, as a result we get this:

.. def.pdf.pdf ..

A bit stupid, isn't it? And this is a fairly simple thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment